
A few years ago I signed up for a myspace account. There weren't too many people that I knew on there, which was fine. The reason I signed up for an account was because of all the bands that were out there, and I thought that would be a good place to keep track of favorites and find new bands, which it is. I've since started using that account a lot more, but I still think the best part of myspace is the music. Anyway a common complaint I hear is that people always get tons of requests from no name bands on there. I havent experienced this, I've only received a total of 3 random band requests, and two of those were actually quite good.
One of those bands is Banooba
Banooba sent me a link and I listened to their stuff on their myspace page and enjoyed it. It's got that summer party feel to it. From their website "Banooba is a New York based band, playing rock music infused with funk, jazz and reggae jams." It looks like they haven't done much touring outside of NY, so if you are ever in the area you may want to look them up. Anyway I thought Banoooba was a great example of how myspace can get bands out to you that otherwise you may have never heard of.
No comments:
Post a Comment