Photo @ Joyride11Last month I saw Michael Franti and Spearhead. I had seen them once before about 5 years ago or more when they opened for 311. I remember they put on a great show back then and although I very much enjoyed their set I didn't really get into their music after the concert.
This time they were the headliner, and I must admit I didn't really care, I was going to see the opener, State Radio, which is one of my favorite bands. Don't get me wrong I knew Spearhead would put on a great show but had State Radio not been playing I probably would not have gone to see them.
Their first song got me hooked, and when the second song was done I knew I had to go out and get their latest cd. They put on such a passionate show, it was almost overwhelming. Their music had a great beat and a message that was delivered with conviction. After the show was over my body was full of energy and vigor, much like after my first Phish show back in college.
Their latest cd Yell Fire, has been in my car for the past month. It's one of those cd's I'm able to play all the way through and not have the urge to skip a track. It took me a few years since first hearing them to become a fan, but I'm all about them now, too bad I've missed lots of great shows in between.
1 comment:
i loves me some franti...
Post a Comment